Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Journal Seven_Olivia Sheets

Part One:

The profile John Heyn talking with his uncle Herman Heyn has mean't the most to me so far in the book Callings. John had many struggles of learning and memorizing things in school as he was growing up. He could remember how to spell the word Andromeda, but not a word the teacher would want him to rememorize how to spell. Andromeda is an evergreen shrub of the health family, typically with clusters of small bell-like flowers. One day in eighth grade, Miss Wicker, his teacher inspired him to be an astronomer. When he was older on a beautiful night when the moon and Jupiter were visible, he took his telescope out on the corner in the city. His dad bought him his first telescope when he was younger. The average cost of a telescope is 308 dollars. He would have a sign saying, "Tonight Saturn and its rings. HAV-A-LOOK!" (Callings 13) Every night John did something he loved to do without worrying about money. I can connect to this from a personal experience when I was in fifth grade. My fifth grade teacher, Mr. Mosher, inspired me to love math. To this day, I want my career to deal with math and to do something I love everyday just like John Heyn.

The thoughts I had on this profile were he is inspiring other people along the street just like he was inspired in the classroom. He is following in his teachers footsteps to being a great influence and informer to others. He’s following a path of love through his life.



Part Two:

The two most important things I want out of my future and career is being happy with something I love to do and make an impact on people throughout my life. I would love to wake up every morning ready to start the day by going to work and knowing its going to be a great and exciting day. Having fun at work or doing what you love is like not going to work at all. I hope I never have to work a single day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.