Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Journal 5 Cam Anello

The Documentary of The Hobart Shakespearians was a very inspirational documentarty that I enjoyed watching. When I was watching the documentary I was unsure what to expect but as it went on it made me think about how hard those kids work and how dedicated the teacher is with educating these kids that live in such a bad area. It was very interesting seeing all the kids getting so excited to read these books that I would struggle with in high school and they would read them so fluently. When I was that age, I would never want to read and it just amazed me with how much the kids wanted to read over a lot of other fun things. Overall, the documentary made me feel inspired because at the end each kid has a goal and all the kids are reaching for there goal by following there class quote that stood out which was, “There are no shortcuts.” This is absolutely true and it inspires me because I won’t stop to get to my goal and I know if it may take some time, it still won’t matter because it’ll be worth it in the end.

One specific goal I have for next year is I want to decide what I want to major in and do with my life in the future. Coming into college I knew that deciding what I want to do would be so hard for me because I have a hard time picking hard decisions. With every goal there will be sacrifices, and my sacrifices for this goal could be not being able to see family or friends a lot because I’ll have lots of school. Also, I may have to add another year of school depending on what I want to do and I don’t want to be in school forever but it might be a risk I have to take. The last sacrifice would be once I find what I want to do, I might have to take a difficult class to move on with my major. With all the sacrifices, I will work through them and reach my goal and become who I want to be.

3 comments:

  1. I also saw how dedicated the teacher was to help the kids fully understand what he was teaching. I have never seen kids so happy and willing to learn. He even uses a punishment of not being able to participate in class. When I was growing up, everyone would have loved not being able to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cam, I totally agree, and also when he said they were a year round school, and always stayed after class, and willingly gave up TV, I was shocked. They seemed so excited and happy about all these sacrifices. I would have thrown a fit! I wonder what exactly rafe did that m,are the kids want to do these things, and further more, be disappointed if they didn’t get to do them! Also, in consideration to your personal goal, I think a ton of kids are in your exact spot! There’s no rusty though, remember to be a teenager a little longer! It wont last forever, so make it count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I agree with you when the film first started I also didn't know where the it will take us. But as the movie went on I also realized that those kids and Mr. Rafe work very hard to achieve their mission.

    2) I know what I need to do, but I have to make same sacrifices as you reach my life or to succeed in college.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.