Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Journal Five_Olivia Sheets

The documentary film, The Hobart Shakespearians, is inspiring to everyone in all ages. I believe all kids and teachers need to learn and take advice from the teacher at the Hobart Elementary School. The school is diverse and located in a shady neighborhood. A fifth grade teacher at the school has been teaching for twenty years and has a passion for helping kids. The teacher understands that kids don’t learn there best if they truly don’t understand something. He connects the learnings to there lives and makes it a reality, such as a money system, acting out parts in Shakespeare, and using things in the real word to understand an idea. The teacher always says “there are no shortcuts”, meaning the child needs to learn the idea or subject instead of asking others for answers and to always do your work. He sets a great example for the kids by being prepared for class and showing them to also be engaged in the learning. In the documentary he states, “you have to be the person you want the kids to be.” These are powerful words that any parents, teacher, or guardian should think of or take in active. As I’m growing older, I’m going to think about this teacher and his learning skills as I’m trying to raise my own kids one day.

My personal goal for next year will be to get all A’s and B’s in my classes to help raise my GPA for The Fisher College Of Business. I would love to attend to achieve my bachelors degree in business financing to be an actuary. I will need to sacrifice some free time to study and do homework.

2 comments:

  1. Rafe really is inspirational! I totally agree that his message it’s important for kids, teachers, and parents, but I do wonder, why is this idea not more popular? I would think that such a good idea would have gone viral, are there potential downsides to it? Also, your goal sounds amazing, it sounds like you’re very passionate! I might recommend you set some other, more achievable/specific goal to help you get to the bigger goals you mentioned! This was really interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with how all schools need to be inspired by Hobart. I also really liked the “There are no shortcuts” quote and I believe that you will achieve your goal. That sounds really awesome what you’re going for and it is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.