Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Journal Five - Ka Phung



         This film made me feel like all the teacher Ive ever had be just completely outclassed by this mans passion to teach and mold young minds. This is because I feel like most teachers are only following government mandated requirements given to them. while this man is still following the curriculum he does so in a way that engages the students to actually care about what they're learning. one quote that I like was when he said "I fear something for these children," Esquith says. "And it's not gangs; it's not drugs. What I fear is that they're ordinary. I don't want my students to be ordinary; I want them to be extraordinary because I know that they are." This really shows that he really wants them to succeed. This had a really huge impact on me because almost all the teachers Ive ever had were only following the same boring formula everyday making learning uninteresting, which resulted me to only caring about my grade in the class instead of actually absorbing the information and applying it to my life. One thing that really affected me was when one of the students actually started crying while reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, in my entire schooling career Ive never even came close to crying because of a book. Even when I read To Kill A Mockingbird.
           My main goal for next year is to not procrastinate and try in school. Procrastination has plagued my entire schooling career. Due to procrastination I believe that my grades have suffered. I also want to try harder in school. To achieve this goal I want to limit the time I play games and focus more on actually doing the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.