Last summer my family and I took a cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I chose this trip because I think I learned a lot. Every night my family would go out to dinner at the nice restaurant on the cruise and the first night we had a waiter from Jamaica which was one of the stops we were going to on the cruise. After that night we asked if he could be our waiter for the rest of the cruise. After talking to him and learning about his home life he came from and how long he has to stay on boat and not being able to see his family for such a long time. When you are on a cruise ship you are on it for 9 months. If the boat goes to where your home is and you don't have enough time built up then you don't get to get off and see your family. When he said that it made me feel so bad because he’s away from his family for 9 months unless they stop in Jamaica. What I saw when I got off the boat was crystal clear waters. What I heard was tropical birds and waves crashing a bunch of shops. What I touched when we went to Grand Cayman we went out into the middle of the ocean where there was a sand bar and a ton of stingrays just swam right up to you. At first I was so scared because I didn't want them to sting me or bite me and then finally I wasn’t scared and ended up touching one and held one.
A place that I would like to travel to is Sicily because I would like to see where my grandparents came from and see the culture. I would love to travel and see how beautiful it is. My aunt has been over there many times with my grandparents. I think it would be cool to travel over there because my cousin is stationed there I have not been able to see him since 2012 so being able to travel to Italy where I have wanted to travel for a really long time and then being able to see my cousin would just be a great trip overall.
 |
Me holding a stingray
|
I think it's important that you explained part of the life of your waiter and how he lives and is away from his family a lot. I find it interesting he was willing to tell so much after knowing you and your family for a short time.
ReplyDeleteThis is very interesting since going on a cruise is my next travel dream. I didn't know the stingrays would be so friendly. I would love to hear other things that you have been able to experience. Seeing all the different cultures in so many places would brighten my eyes. I would sit and listen to stories all day long.
ReplyDelete