The power of travel
1. One place I have traveled that has impacted my life forever is Atlanta, Georgia. I traveled to Atlanta for the first time my sophomore year of high school. This wasn't only my first time to Atlanta but it was my first time flying by myself without anyone else. In high school I was president of a community service organization called Junior Civitan. Jciv is an international organization and a conference is held once a year in a variety of locations, I've had the privilege to attend three conferences. Once I arrived at the hotel I was immediately surround with fellow students that share the passionate and drive to serve others. I was selected as the only person from Ohio to attend. This was a huge growing moment for me, I was challenged to come up with new ideas and connect with people I had never met before. One activity that I will never forgot is when we got to restore a national park where reenactments of the war are held. We dug trenches while it was hot and muddy out and planted flowers, we beautified the area. It wasn't easy but it makes you realize that put others first isn't always easy but it is the right thing. Serving others is such a rewarding feeling that everyone should strive to feel. After are project we got to hike the area, looking at the beautiful scenery makes you appreciate our earth a little more. This trip is the reason I decided to run for the district board, I won and had the privilege to represent all of Ohio and West Virginia.
2. Somewhere I have longed to travel my whole life is South Africa. I would love to travel and teach English to children, I really would love to go on a missions trip there. My dream job is to work at the compassion international station set up in Africa. I would love to grow in my desire to service others and to seek a meaning deeper than myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.