Monday, November 5, 2018

Snapshot Four_Olivia Sheets

Last summer my family and I took a trip to Long Island to see some family friends. On the trip we took their boat out onto the bay in the ocean for a day. It was the first time I had ever been on a boat and out more than ten feet in the ocean. At first I was a cat in a carrier that couldn’t escape after the door was shut. After a while I saw many fish, rare birds, and huge houses along the bay! Growing up I never really cared for boats or the water after watching many movies that scared me. Another day we took the train and subway into New York for the day. Growing up I never liked to be in crowded places since I have always lived in the silent country. It was my first time ever being in a huge city with millions of people. There were many sirens, horns, and talking all around. I felt as if I needed to yell to talk to my parents. The smell of greasy food along the streets made my stomach rumble all day long until we stopped at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. For dinner I had a club sandwich with real bacon! My mom hardly ever cooks real bacon, its always turkey bacon so when I have real back its a party in my stomach! I was so excited to eat the sandwich and the big pile of seasoned fries on my plate. The next day we had to leave so everyone could go back to work for the week. Leaving was not easy after realizing the things I hated or was scared of was actually fun and a great experience. The next place I would love to travel to is Puerto Rico on a cruise. I have never been on a cruise, but my parents have when my brother and I were little. They always talk about how great it was with the views, food, fresh air, entertainment and much more! I would love to experience all of these great this with my whole family.
Me on the boat

2 comments:

  1. I like how you described what New York was like. I completely agree with what you said 2 Years ago my family took a trip to New York and i felt the exact same like you had to scream so people could hear you because its so loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very apt description of new York for anyone who hasn't experienced that kind of atmosphere

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.