Monday, August 27, 2018

Journal Two Olivia Sheets

     My name is Olivia Sheets. I graduated from Highland High School in Sparta. I am currently commuting here to OSU Marion for business financing. I have one younger brother and a cat that I’ve had since I was five years old. My hobbies outside of school are drag racing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and soccer. I have raced for eight years and have played soccer for fourteen years. I have also coached and refreed middle school soccer. As you can see, I love to be active!

                                                       

     The House On Mango Street is not your ordinary book. Most books would spend one or two pages describing the theme and then hop into the story. Where as in The House On Mango Street describes the characters and themes into small little chapters. Also, we didn’t even know the character’s name or what sex they were until almost ten pages into the book. So far in the book, there has been a lot of description about family and where they live. I think this is very important to start out with so we can get a good feel for what Esperanza and her family are going though during the time. Esperanza has big hopes and dreams about her future, just like any other kid in the world. I am looking forward to what is coming next.


1 comment:

  1. Very true about how different the book is from others, I agree with what you say with the book and that there are different themes in each chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.