![]() |
| I have dark hair now |
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Journal #2 - Britt
My name is Brittanie Burchfield and I like to be called Britt for short. I am 18 years old and I'm from Sebring Ohio. I moved from home to the Annex and I’m majoring in Criminology. I have three brothers and one sister, definitely wouldn’t trade them for the world. My little family is the most Important thing to me I’d do anything for them all. Fun fact is that I’m weird in my own way but who isn’t. My hobbies are listening to music, spending time with family, Watching YouTube and Netflix.
In The House On Mango street there’s a lot about family right away. About how many of them, names and where they have lived. When Esperanza talks about the house on mango street she doesn’t seem impressed, It’s not the house he parents always talked about. You can tell Esperanza feels strongly about everything in her life. To me it seems she wants to change things like her name and living because she wants to be known more for who she really is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Brittanie and for some reason, I can't see your picture. Can you try to fix it? In Mango Street, I am not sure Esperanza knows who she is yet as a young girl, but she is trying to find out and we all go through this. I feel there is some shame in being poor and migrant that comes through and I think that is a lot of what she must face and deal with.
ReplyDeleteStuff like that is hard to understand from the perspective of a kid. She was to believe what your parents say and have hope but real life tends to not turn out how kids dream
ReplyDeleteI agree with the fact that she starts talking about family right away. You can tell that family means a lot to her.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with your writing about your reading. I write about the same thing. She just wasn't impressed with the house. I thought it was really important because it kind tells how she still believes that she can live in a "real house"
ReplyDelete