| I’m in the orange “Wyoming” hoodie |
So far The House On Mango Street, if you don’t include the introduction, not much has happened. However, I think the theme that stood out to me the most would be family. Almost all of the first 11 pages has to do with family. Esperanza describes what it’s like for her to live with her family, and her hopes of becoming more of an independent person. I think this theme is common amongst kids and teenagers that can’t wait to grow up. For a lot of them, living with family is all they know, so they want to grow up and experience life as an independent.
I completely agreed with your theme about being an independent. Many kids, including Esperanza, have many hopes and dreams.
ReplyDeleteNice theme on the book man, I totally agree and I think that’ll be a big one a long the whole book
ReplyDeleteI agree with your theme about kids being eager to grow up and become more independent. I’m sure family will always be a priority for Esperanza but I also think we will see her break out of her shell a little bit.
ReplyDelete