Hi, My name is Meah McGary. I am 18 years old. I graduated from Harding High School and Tri Rivers Career Center in Criminal Justice. I've always had a desire to be in Criminal Justice, but I never thought that it was going to be something that I would ever pursue till I met my bestfriend of 10 years that's a Police Officer and was the mentor and motivation that I needed. Since being friends with her I've been on a handful of ride alongs, became involved in the explores program, toured jails/prisons, shot over 15 different guns, and made a positive relationship with not only all of MPD but other police departments as well. I like anything crime related, and mysterious. If its scary or something that needs solved count me in. I also have a love for the outdoors. I’m very adventurous, and enjoy spending time in nature. As you all know because of my interesting fact I have 5 brothers and no sisters, which has its pros and cons. I thinnk its a good thing because no one really messes with me because my brothers will beat them up, but I also think that its a bad thing because with having all brothers I never really got the girly girl expierence that most girls got.
So far in the book The House on Mango Street I think what has stood out to me the most was in the beginning when she was explaining how they had been renting houses previously but this open belonged to them. I also find important how she tells us how she wants a real house but that’s not what the house on Mango street is to her. How she thinks its more of a disappointment, I think this is important because it shows that she still has hopes and believes that although all six of her family memebers share one bedroom and how this house wasn’t the house she dreamed of she still believes she can have a real house one day.
I feel as if Esperanza is too focused on what the house looks like rather than what it provides. They are looking at it as just a house instead of making it an actual home. They keep talking about how they want this big house with more space and I do think they need some more space. However, too much space will spread them out and they may not be as much of a close knit family.
ReplyDeleteI like your thoughts on her continuing her hopes of the dream house she imagines.
ReplyDeleteBrooke, I hear you! I also think that she is a typical teenager and in some ways you always are not satisfied with your parents at that age so it's normal. Meah, I think your lack of fear and love of adventure is perfect for what you want to do, but I hope you will also balance that with learning how to be careful if you become a police officer as I want you to stay safe! You say you like nature. Does that mean that you camp, or hike, or love wildlife? Where do you go to get in nature?
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you say that she thinks the house is more of a disappointment. I also agree with the fact that she does still have hopes and dreams even though the houses shes lived in before this and the house on mango street aren't what she has hoped for in a house.
ReplyDeleteHer hopes are definitely still high with finding a house even tho she is living in a house right now she still has hope in finding a better one.
ReplyDelete