Ka Phung
English 1109 at 10:15, M-W
8/27/18
Journal Two
My name is Ka Phung and I was born in Springfield, Ohio. My major is Computer Science & Engineering and I'm a freshman at OSUM. I enjoy building computers and helping people fix their computers. In my free time I enjoy raiding with my guild mates in World Of Warcraft, however at times this can feel like a chore. I can also play the Double Bass. I have played the Double Bass for 8 years, this is the first year that I have not been actively playing/practicing since 4th grade.
So far a theme that stood out to me was Esperanza's struggle for self definition. This is because she sees her name as a thing that holds her back from truly being herself, she does this by explaining the meaning of her name, which is mostly negative. She feels as if she needs to separate herself from her family in order to create her own life. I feel that many young individuals struggle to find their own way in life and constantly try to fight against the status quo but to no avail which is what Esperanza is going through.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.