Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Journal # 4 Jacob Watson

In the chapter Sally we get some insight as to one of Esperanza's friends. In the first half the chapter Cisneros gave an incredibly vivid  image of Sally, but in the second half I feel Esperanza is projecting her own feelings on to sally and feeling empathetic for her. As a result I would say an important theme is empathy. I really like the writing in the first paragraph of the chapter then Cisneros is giving a physical description of Sally. She writes " Sally is the girl with eyes like Egypt and nylons the color of smoke. The boys think she is beautiful because her hair is shiny black like raven feathers"(Cisneros 81). I really like the writing here because after I read it I had a really clear picture of what Sally looked like to the point where I could easily visualize her. 

 The closest thing I can remember that had a semblance of the effect of a role model would be a group of older friends I made when I was around 14 or 15. They were all between 19 and 28. I meat them because I went to play lazer tag once every week on  a day there was a cheaper deal and they started doing the same. Despite how much younger I was they noticed I would always come alone and started to talk to me. After awhile we were all friends I started seeing and understanding the issues they all had in their lives weather they were currently dealing with it or had already dealt with it. As a result of this experience I'm more accepting of people and have a better grasp on life and the issues that come with it weather I have to deal with them in the future or I have to help someone deal with them in the future. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your theme and I had a hard time understanding this chapter but when you explain it I understand it a bit more, Those sound like nice guys and It's nice you have them and they have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your take on the Sally chapter, she definitely does project herself onto Sally. I also really liked your story, it is very wholesome, and I am glad you got the chance to meet those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said she projects her feelings onto sally, totally agree. Nice quote.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.